Thursday 20 June 2013

Curry & Pineapple Chicken Wrap


WRAPS!  It's pretty much everyone's favorite healthy food right now. And really I eat a LOT of red meat, and comfort food...yes I'm a fan of the unhealthy stuff. Every now and again I get the unbearable urge to eat something healthy. Today was one of those days...I wanted something healthy, fresh and fruity so I decided on this wrap.

Like most of my random food recipe's it's exactly that, random. I start with whatever meat I have and I grow from there with how I'm going to season it and how I'm going to do the side etc...I am by far a chef. I don't know how to run a kitchen but I am creative and somewhat daring when it comes to making meals.

Curry is more common with Indian food, but curry has become a normal part of Caribbean cuisine like so many other spices and curry have become so popular in the UK that Indian restaurants now out number Chinese restaurants, a clear sign that the world loves curry. I LOVE me some curry, so let's get to today's wrap recipe.

Makes 4-5 wraps

Ingredients

1 pack Whole wheat wrap
1 pack Boneless Breast (3 pieces no skin)
1/2 head Broccoli (small florets)
1 small carrot grated
1 small Romaine/Iceberg Lettuce chopped
Thousand Island Dressing
1 tsp Salt, Ground Black Pepper,
2 tsp yellow Curry powder
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 cup chopped pineapple
1/2 med Red onion
1/2lb shredded Parmesan Cheese

Directions

1. Chop up boneless chicken breasts into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in a bowl with 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar, add salt, black pepper, curry powder and mix thoroughly. set aside

2. Dice onions sauté in 1tsp olive oil and 1 tbsp port (or sweet red wine).

3. add chicken to onions add 2tbsp of Port or sweet red wine and pineapple chunks with 1/4 cup pine apple juice. add 1/2 tsp raw fresh ginger and simmer on med to low heat for about 15-20 mins.


 
Or If you want the canned pineapple chunks are ok. I just like the fresh stuff :)


4. While meat is simmering chop up your lettuce, grate your carrots, chop up your broccoli and get the thousand island dressing out. Oh, just so you know Ranch and any other creamy dressing would do really good with this too.

5. On a flat skillet or in the oven or grill heat up wraps. you want it to be soft and warm not hot yet.

 
5. Drizzle dressing on the bottom followed by lettuce broccoli and carrots add Chicken and grated cheese. Fold ends then fold again like a burrito so the whole thing is sealed off. roll tight and cut diagonally. you can use a tooth pick to hold the end in until you get to it.





With this you can also add in guacamole or sour cream...I just couldn't find any ripe avocado's :)

Don't forget you can find Tizzle Sizzles on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tizzle-Sizzles/328618270505046?ref=hl 

if you want to send an email you can do so through the blog or email at tizzlesizzles@gmail.com

And please feel free to share www.tizzlesizzles.us with your friends :)


No comments:

Post a Comment